Sewing Studio Tour 2020


No sewing project for this week, I'm doing the 52 Week Sewing Challenge again.  The group's over on Facebook if you'd like to come and join us (you'll need to request to join on the group), it's a brilliant way to keep your sewing mojo going.  Just take a look at what I sewed in 2019, I also moved house so I did miss a few weeks but that's life.  Hopefully this year I'll manage to enter all 52 weeks.

The first weeks challenge is to organise your sewing space. I think it's a fantastic idea to set aside some time each year to go through my stash and get everything in order ready for the year ahead.  The thing is, having recently moved house and being the super organised type that I am my sewing space is actually pretty organised.  I did take a before photo if you're remotely interested.


If you want to play spot the difference (aside from the time of day) I tidied my pin board and found a home for the boxes that had been dumped on my work surface - under the table for now, I'm hoping to build some shelves later in the year.


So yea, no big changes really.  But take a look at this:


That's my sewing space this time last year.  Huge changes!!  A year ago my sewing "room" was the under stairs cupboard now I've got a whole room almost all to myself - it does double as the dining room but we do have a kitchen diner for everyday meals so it's only once a blue moon I need to clear my stuff away.

I still use most of the same storage solutions, the IKEA kallax units are fabulously versatile.  It's a shame they are so ugly, hiding or altering them is hopefully a project for this year.  


My fabric is still folded onto comic boards and stored upright in the fabric boxes.  There's more details about this in the post I wrote last year.

I've de-stashed quite a bit in 2019 and now all of my fabric and notions fit into my kalax units which is fabulous.  My paper sewing patterns and projects in progress box don't fit in yet but I'm hopeful they will by this time next year.

Linking Up To:


I've achieved more than I thought possible in 2019, I can't wait to see what I can achieve in 2020.

#sewingstodiotour #52weeksewingchallenge #simplycrafting #sewing #handmade #sewersofinstagram #dressmaker #sewistsofinstagram