Reusable Face Cloths from Baby Muslins & TGIFF

I'm so excited, this is my first time hosting Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday.  Please be gentle with me and if I've forgotten anything or made a mistake please let me know.  Scroll down to find the link up.


I seem to be starting the new year with some quick and easy projects.  I'm thinking that's quite a good thing as it's meant I've been able to make a sizeable dent in my "to sew" list.  I'm definitely a list maker type or more to the point a list ticker offer type - that's a thing right?  So I'm starting off on a high, feeling like I've achieved something.  

I think this is the quickest easiest project I'll be doing in the foreseeable future.  It hardly even warrants a tutorial, it's so simple.

My lovely Aunt gave me some posh cleanser a few years ago and it came with a couple of cloths.  I'm still using them long after the cleanser has been used up.  They have a rough texture that makes my skin feel scrubbed clean.  But best of all I use less than half the amount of cleanser I'd been using previously.  

They're getting a little worn so I set about replacing them.  When I looked closely at the fabric it was identical to the baby muslin's I'd horded in my fabric stash because "they'll be useful one day".  Within less than half an hour I'd made myself a colourful set of new cloths.

Here's the tools and materials I used to make my new face cloths:

I earn a small commission when products are purchased through the links I post here (at no additional cost to you). 



I started by pressing the muslin's to keep them flat. 

Then I cut them in half with my rotary cutter.  I did all four at once because I can.


I decided these were too big so I cut them in half again.

To finish the edges I ran them through my overlocker.


And voila.  Not that it requires much of a fan fare but they make me happy and brighten my day.  Plus they cost me nothing so I'm a very happy bunny.

Here's the tools and materials I used to make my new face cloths:

I earn a small commission when products are purchased through the links I post here (at no additional cost to you). 


Linking Up to:
Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday - Scroll down for the party, I'm hosting this week


Here are some of my other sewing up-cycle projects:



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

#simplycrafting #sewing #handmade #sewersofinstagram #dressmaker #sewistsofinstagram #upcycle