Mega Max Ribby Raglan in White - Max and Meena Sewing Project


I love how quick and easy this pattern is to sew up. There are loads of options availible to make it really exciting but in it's simplest form this is still a fabulously simple raglan pattern.

I've sewn up this pattern in a ribby fabric a few times now, it works really well.  The rib gives a cheaper fabric quite a bit of extra stretch and the texture adds an interesting detail to an otherwise plain garment.

Tools and Materials:

I earn a small commission when products are purchased through the links I post here (at no additional cost to you). 

Basic Construction


Raglan patters tend to start with the front and back sleeve seams.  The top starts to take shape immediately which is really satisfying.


Then I finish the sleeves and hems with my overlocker.


The side and sleeve seams are sewn in one continuous seam.  I love this technique, it always makes for such a nice neat finish.

Neckband


I stitch the neckband with a straight stitch as it allows the neckband to lie fatter than it would with a stretch stitch which is quite a wide stitch.  I also press the seam open so it lies as flat as possible.  When turning my neckband I find a tailors ham very useful for accurate pressing.


Usually I pin the neckband into place but this fabric is particularly heavy so I'm using my dressmakers clips instead.


I stitch my neckband in place with a twin needle.  This sews two rows of perfectly parallel straight stitches on the front of the fabric and a row of zigzag stitching on the back which allows the stitch to stretch with the fabric.  


Tools and Materials:

I earn a small commission when products are purchased through the links I post here (at no additional cost to you). 



Here are some of my other sews with the Max and Meena Mega Max Raglan pattern:

#simplycrafting #sewingchildrensclothes #handmadechildrensclothes #handmadechildrensclothing #sewingkidsclothes #sewngforkids #maxandmeena