Max and Meena Mega Max Raglan Blue Jumper Sewing Project


A super simple Mega Max Raglan top to turn a sleeveless summer dress into a winter outfit.

I love how quick and easy this pattern is to sew up. There are loads of options availible to make it really exciting but in it's simplest form this is still a fabulous simple raglan pattern.

I've sewn up this pattern in a ribby fabric a few times now, it works really well.  The rib gives a cheaper fabric quite a bit of extra stretch and the texture adds an interesting detail to an otherwise plain garment.

Tools and Materials:
       

I earn a small commission when products are purchased through the links I post here (at no additional cost to you). 

 

Save 40% off all New Look and Kwik Sew sewing patterns for a limited time at Minerva Crafts.

Basic Construction


Raglan patters tend to start with the front and back sleeve seams.


Then I finish the sleeves and hems with my overlocker.


I press my hems them fold them out again when I stitch the seams.  I think this makes a neater finish and it's easier than trying to press a hem once the seam has been sewn.


Then it's the side seams.

Neckband


I stitch the neckband with a straight stitch as it allows the neckband to lie fatter than it would with a stretch stitch which is quite a wide stitch.  


I also press the seam open so it lies as flat as possible.


When turning my neckband I find a tailors ham very useful for accurate pressing.


Then I pin and sew the neckband into place.


I stitch my hems in place with a twin needle, I think it leaves a more professional looking finish.


Linking Up To:


Here are some of my previous sews with the Max and Meena Mega Max Raglan pattern:

 

Save 40% off all New Look and Kwik Sew sewing patterns for a limited time at Minerva Crafts.


#simplycrafting #sewingchildrensclothes #handmadechildrensclothes #handmadechildrensclothing #sewingkidsclothes #sewngforkids #maxandmeena