Budget Batch Cook Tomato Soup Recipe


Silky, sweet and comforting there's nothing quite like a big bowl of tomato soup to warm you up on a chilly day.  

This recipe makes up a big batch which you can freeze for a quick and easy lunch.


Ingredients and Tools:
4 Tins Chopped Tomatoes 29p x 4 =£1.16
Quarter Garlic Bulb 4p
500g Onions 25p
4 Vegetable Stock Cubes 12p
Handful of Oregano from the garden

Total = £1.57
Makes 15 servings = 11p  per serving

Food purchased from Aldi

I earn a small commission when products are purchased through the links I post here (at no additional cost to you). 



I started by chopping the onions.


And the garlic.


And the oregano.


Throwing it all in a pan along with the chopped tomatoes.


And some stock cubes.


Boil for a about 15 - 20 minutes.


And blend.

I like to freeze my soups without any added water as they take up less space in my freezer this way.  I add a little boiling water and stir it in before serving if I fancy it, sometimes I like a thicker soup.


Link Ups:


Pin this recipe for later.

Here are some of my other soup recipes:

#homecooking #budgterecipe  #batchcooking#tomatosoup #healthyeating #healthyeatingideas #healthyeatingforlife #healthyeatingonabudget #growyourown