Butterfly Print Peek a Boo Patterns Chicka Chicka Bum Bums Sewing Project


These Chicka Chicka Bum Bums is available to buy in our NuMonday shop.

The Chicka Chicka Bum Bums sewing pattern is a quick and easy sew.  It doesn't use much fabric so it's perfect for making use of fabric leftover from larger projects.

Chicka Chicka Bum Bums make the perfect outfit for the little ones and big kids love wearing them as lounge wear, pjs, dancewear and for layering under dresses.  These Bummies feature a yoga knit waistband for optimal fit and comfort.

Lovingly handmade in the UK using gorgeous butterfly digital print cotton Lycra fabric.  All seams are double stitched and overlocked for an ultra strong and secure professional finish.

These Chicka Chicka Bum Bums coordinate perfectly with my Twirly Circle Skirt Dress which is also on sale in our NuMonday store.

 Girl’s Butterfly Print Handmade Twirly Circle Skirt Dress

Tools and Materials:
I earn a small commission when products are purchased through the links I post here (at no additional cost to you). 


Seams



I stitch my seams on my sewing machine using a stretch stitch followed by a second line of stitching with my overlocker (serger).  This makes the seams ultra strong and secure.

Bands



When sewing the bands I use a straight stitch because it allows the seam to lie a little flatter than it would with a stretch stitch.


To make it lie even flatter I press the seams open.


I use a tailors ham for pressing, this helps me to line up the two raw edges of the bands perfectly.


I use lots of pins to keep the bands in place while I sew them onto the pants.


These Chicka Chicka Bum Bums is available to buy in our NuMonday shop.

Linking Up to;


#simplycrafting #sewingchildrensclothes #handmadechildrensclothes #handmadechildrensclothing #sewingkidsclothes #sewngforkids #peekaboopatternshop