100% Cotton Coloured Dishcloths - Free Knitting Pattern


Add a little luxury to your daily life, or treat someone else with these hand knitted 100% cotton dishcloths.

Hand knitted dishcloths are far superior to their machine made modern equivalents.  The extra thick bumpy, lumpy texture is perfect for scrubbing tough stains from your pans.  They are also fantastic in the bathroom, gently exfoliating even the most sensitive skin.

These dishcloths are availible to buy through my NuMonday shop.  If you'd like to make your own hand knitted dish cloths then you're in luck, I'm giving away my pattern completely free of charge.  Scroll down for details.


With their fabulous contrasting shades of pink and navy blue cotton yarn these dish rags will make the perfect accent for any kitchen be it modern or traditional.  There'll be no need to hide these away when guests arrive.

Such a delightfully simple luxury makes a perfect housewarming gift.  This set will be delivered beautifully presented wrapped in rustic string all ready for gift giving.  What better way to show someone how much you care about them than a little luxury they'll appreciate every single day.


Instead of the short lived modern equivalents these dishcloths will last years and years.  And I really do mean it, mine are just over 10 years old and still going strong.  They have been re-used thousands of times making them exceptionally Eco-friendly.

Completely hand knitted from durable 100% cotton yarn.


These dish cloths are super easy to care for, just pop them in the washing machine along with your normal washing.  They'll survive a boil wash if you wish but modern washing machines do a great job of cleaning most fabrics at much lower temperatures making it easy to save energy.  They'll be quite happy in your dryer too although I usually don't bother drying mine, they generally get used damp so I figure why bother drying them, I just pop them next to my sink ready to grab the next time one of my kids spills - so three seconds after they come out of the wash.  They're super quick to air dry if your household isn't in a messy season of life.

These dishcloths are availible to buy through my NuMonday shop.  If you'd like to make your own hand knitted dish cloths then you're in luck, I'm giving away my pattern completely free of charge.  

Happy dishcloth knitting!!

You will need:

I earn a small commission when products are purchased through the links I post here (at no additional cost to you). 


Use 4mm needles and 100% cotton DK weight yarn

Cast on 40 stitches
Knit the first two rows

Then knit in pattern as follows:

K2, (K2 P2) x 9, K2
K2, (K2 P2) x 9, K2
K2, (P2, K2) x 9, K2
K2, (P2, K2) x 9, K2

Until length measures almost the same as the width.

Knit the last two rows.

Cast off in knit.


Pin this Free Dishcloth Knitting Pattern for later.

Here are some of my other knitting projects and free patterns:

#simplycrafting #numonday #freeknittingpattern #knitteddishcloth