How to Sew a DIY Stretchy Wrap Sling for Dolls


This is one of those projects that I put far too much thought into, thereby over complicating it and making it into a much bigger deal than it needed to be.  Little Miss requested a sling for her doll about erm, two years ago when Little Pickle came along.  

I started looking into how to make one.  Most of the Pinterest images I found were of Mei Tai style slings which I decided would be too complicated for Little Miss to put on and off by herself.  Some were a ring sling style which she isn't too familiar with as it doesn't suit me personally.  

I can't believe I fussed over it before finally deciding to just make a length of stretchy fabric and tie it around her in a kanga (African style) carry.  I guess I just didn't think of it as I'm not confident enough at baby-wearing to do this type of carry myself but as this is for a doll safety can totally go out of the window.

Tools and Materials:

This is one of those sewing patterns that is so simple I don't think I can even call it a pattern.  

I cut my fabric to 60" long and 15" wide.  With hindsight it would have been better a little shorter but it's OK.  

I cut the ends at an angle so there's less fabric to tie in a knot.


Then I stitched a really simple narrow hem along all the sides.


Finding a cooperative model was by far the most difficult part but when he realised what was going on he was very happy to oblige.  


#simplycrafting #babywearing #babywearingdoll #dollwearing #dollwearingtoddler #dollwrap