Comfy Cozy Slippers for Children - Peek-A-Boo Patterns Sewing Project


My kids needed new slippers but I've been putting off making them for months because I thought it'd be really difficult.  But in reality, when I pulled on my big girl panties and got on with it they were really easy to sew.

These denim and faux fur slippers are availible to order form my NuMonday shop.  

They are availible in UK sizes 2 (baby) - 7 (ladies).  

Or you can make your own using the pattern and materials listed below:

Tools and Materials:

I earn a small commission when products are purchased through the links I post here (at no additional cost to you). 



I have chosen this deliciously soft and warm faux fur for the lining.


The back loop is made from scrap ribbon from my paper crafting stash.


For the sole I chose some heavy weight waterproof fabric.


The outer fabric of the slippers is recycled denim cut from old jeans.  It's hard wearing and breathable so it should be the perfect choice.


I've made a pair with black denim for my four year old in a size Toddler Large which is equivalent to UK shoe size 8-9.


While I was at it I made myself a pair with navy denim in size Kids Large which is equivalent to a UK shoe size 3 - 4.  For my baby I also used navy denim and a size Kids Small which is UK shoe 3 - 4.

Tools and Materials:

I earn a small commission when products are purchased through the links I post here (at no additional cost to you). 



I started by sewing on the heel grab loops.


The fauz fur is quite thick so I used clips instead of pins to hold the pieces together while I sewed them in place.


I gave them a good press from the denim side.


Before top stitching them stitching the channel for the elastic.


I think a slightly wider elastic would have been better but I'm working with what I have and this 1/8" wide elastic will have to do.


I use a safety pin as a bodkin to manoeuvre the elastic through the channel.


I've stitched the end in place just before it disappears into the channel I've sewn.


Then I pull the safety pin through the rest of the channel, bunching up the denim as I go.


Then I stitch this end in place, going back over my sewing several times.


I always have to thunk and pay careful attention tot he instructions at this point as it's vital that the pieces are assembled in the right order.


This neatly encloses all the raw edges inside the slippers so there's no seams to finish.


I love it when the slippers start to take shape.


Especially when the soles are added.


I assuming the sole and sole lining could be sewn in one seam but I do them separately to make sure that both seams are perfectly neat.


It's a bit weird enclosing the whole slipper inside the sole and sole lining. 


Thankfully I've not yet forgotten to leave a gap for turning - famous last words!!


I trim the seam allowances so they don't run the foot.


And turn!


These denim and faux fur slippers are availible to order form my NuMonday shop.  

They are availible in UK sizes 2 (baby) - 7 (ladies).  

Or you can make your own using the pattern and materials listed below:

Tools and Materials:

I earn a small commission when products are purchased through the links I post here (at no additional cost to you). 



Here are some of my other sews using Peek-A-Boo patterns:


#simplycrafting #sewingchildrensclothes #handmadechildrensclothes #handmadechildrensclothing #sewingkidsclothes #sewngforkids #peekaboopatternshop #pdfsewingpattern #indiepatterns #upcycledclothing #numonday #upcycledfashion #recycledfashion #saynotofastfashion #recycledclothing #thriftflip #zerowastefashion #fashionrevolution #upcycled #sustainableclothing #ecofriendlyfashion #handmadeslippers