Super Quick Chocolate Nut Sponge Cake Recipe


I can not believe how quick and simple this recipe is.  I can start making it after dinner and have it on the table before the kids get bored.  If I know I'm making it ahead of time I do the mixing first and just pop the microwave on after everyone's finished eating.  It's honestly quicker and easier than nipping to the local shop for the frozen version - not to mention a fraction of the price.  


Ingredients:
2 Eggs
100g Sugar
100g Self Raising Flour
100g Butter
2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
For the Topping: 2 Tablespoons of Chocolate Nut Spread 
Splash of Milk


Whisk together the eggs, butter, flour and sugar in a microwave proof bowl.


Add the cocoa powder.


Heat in the microwave for 4 minutes.

That's it, seriously.


For the topping pop 2 tablespoons (or more) of chocolate nut spread and a splash of milk into a cup.


Heat it up for 1 minute and give it a good stir.


Before pouring it over the sponge cake.


We like it with custard.