Little Rascal

I now have a stunning set of loft curtains.  I need to take the curtain pole back before I can fit the second one, I went to fit it and the fixings had fallen out of the packaging in the shop - grrr.  I'll be blogging the first one shortly.  

And I finally got the curtain tie backs for the bedroom done, hooks in the walls for them and everything.  I usually wait for my dad or my fellah to pop round and ask them to drill holes for me because I make a mess unless I can get my shoulder behind the drill to keep it steady.  But these were nice and low down so I did it myself, a neat job too - go me!  I've just got the finish hand sewing the D rings onto the tie backs but that's a nice job I can do in front of the telly so I've left it for when I'm feeling lazy.  

I even got so motivated I did some more on a ridiculous patchwork project I started years ago.  It's made of teeny tiny squares and triangles.  I'm making a door curtain that will separate the office and the door to my little flat.  The dog can push the curtain aside easily when she want's to go upstairs but it will keep the heat in the office during the winter.  I also want to make a big deal out of that doorway, it separates the work and home parts of my life.  It's one of the disadvantages of working and living in the same building, you never really leave work and go home, physically but more in terms of mindset.  A physical dividing line can help with that, at least that's the theory!

Today will be a paper crafting and office based day.  Lots of little bitty jobs to get ahead of for the busy week.  New K&Co Smash products should be here on Monday, they were supposed to be here on Thursday, Friday at the latest!  Grrrr!  But all I can do is clear as many other jobs as possible out of the way and get them packed and posted the moment they eventually do arrive.  

I'm also going to take the plunge - literally - and get the bath cleared out of building rubble so I can get a proper wash.  Going round to OH's for a shower is getting to be a pain.  It's silly, I have a bath quite rarely during the warmer months but as soon as I couldn't use mine, I wanted one.  I can't wait for the lovely big new one to get fitted.  Candles, smellies oh heaven!  I can see me standing there with my towel waiting for the plaster to go so I can have a dip!

Enough babble, onto today's card.  Isn't he a cutie!  I always do jeans too dark but I restrained myself and left quite a big pale area, looks so much better I think.  I'm very much enjoying watching my work improve with time and practice.  


Products Used:
Pearls and Ribbons included with Carousel
Tag Brads from Stash
Happy Birthday Peel Off From Stash

I am entering this card into the following challenges: