How to Sew Comfy Cozy Slippers - Step by Step Photos


I recently sewed myself a pair of Comfy Cozy Slippers using a pattern from Peek-A-Boo Patterns.  

I've chosen a hard wearing denim outer fabric made from old jeans.  The lining is made from fleece cut from an old maternity top.  I didn't have any non-slip fabric for the soles so I've made do with some tough waterproof fabric. 

The pattern was nice and easy to follow.  I did find the fit far too narrow and long at first but after a couple of days of wear the fabric over the top of my feet eased allowing my toes to reach the toes of the slippers.  The elastic pulled them in at the back making my new slippers live up to their name perfectly, they really are as comfy and cozy as I could wish.

Tools and Materials:
            

I earn a small commission when products are purchased through the links I post here (at no additional cost to you). 



I opted to add the heel grab loop using a scrap of old ribbon.


The top stitching makes a neat finish.


I've used 8.5" of elastic and a safety pin as a bodkin.


push the safety pin through the gap between the two lines of stitching.  Just before the end of the elastic disappears into the casing stitch over it several times to secure the end of the elastic. 


Pull the safety pin through the other end of the casing and stitch this end in place.


This pattern has some ingenious ways of hiding all the raw edges.


They are neatly hidden between the outer fabric and the lining.


With so many thick layers of fabric using pins was getting awkward so I've switched to dressmakers clips which was much easier.


I took time to check that all layers had been caught in my stitching,


Before sewing on the lining of the sole.

They look like mad little pockets until turned the right side out.


Linking Up To:


Here's some of my other makes with Peek-a-Boo Patterns:


#sewing #handmade #sewersofinstagram #dressmaker #sewistsofinstagram #peekaboopatternshop