Friday, 6 September 2019

Max and Meena Rozzlyn Dress Sewing Project


Little Miss loves this dress but she's grown out of it, thankfully I had enough fabric leftover to make her another one in a bigger size.  This time she asked for a hood.

Tools and Materials:
Fabric from Abakhan
Pattern by Max and Meena


The shoulder seams first.


Then I finished the edges of the flutter sleeve caps.


Gathered


and stitched them in place onto the shoulder seams.


Then I've set in the sleeves.


And sewn the sleeve and side seams in one continuous line.


I've used bands for the sleeve cuffs but I'm really regretting it, it's just about impossible to sew such tiny bands without stretching out the sleeve.  I think I'm going to try to remember to stop adding sleeve bands to kids clothes in future.


I'm lining the hood with white ribbing.


And the outer in the navy polka-dot fabric.


The hood is stitched onto the neckband.


I left the skirt until last so I didn't have to man handle it while doing the more fiddly bits.


Link Ups:


Here are the other dresses I've sewn with the Max and Meena Rozzlyn sewing pattern.


2 comments: