Max and Meena Tie Die Rozzlyn Dress Sewing Project


I'm loving this simple skater style dress from Max & Meena.  This is my third make with this pattern and as I have quite a lot of this fabric I've gone for a handkerchief style skirt.  It looks so cute on Little Miss, perfect for keeping her covered but cool on a hot day,


Here's the pattern pieces cut out.


Shoulder seams first.


Then the sleeves.


I over lock and press the sleeve hems before sewing the sleeve seams.  Those tiny arm holes are so difficult to press evenly, it's much easier to do them first.


Then onto the side and sleeve seams.


For the neckband I use a straight stitch and press the seam flat.


Before folding the neckband over and giving it a good press.


Lots of pins to hold the neckband in place.


Then it's overlooked and given a good press.


The skirt side seams next.


Then the skirt is pinned and sewn in place.


I use a twin needle for hems, it looks so much more professional.