Hamburger Pasta Sauce - Budget Batch Cook Freezer Recipe


I've been making a lot of "fake" junk food lately.  Vaguely healthy meals made to taste like Little Miss's favourite foods.  This is definitely one of the successes, pasta instead of burger buns along with plenty of tomatoes and beef mince which of course we refer to as "burger meat".  Little Miss was not impressed with the gherkins but they're my favourite part of a burger so she can pick them out and lump it.  


Ingredients and Tools:
1kg Mince Meat £2.98
1kg Onions 50p
Chopped Tomatoes 84p
Passata 32p
Garlic 16p
Paprika 30p
Beef Stock 12p
Gherkins 79p
Ketchup 15p

Total = £6.16
Makes 18 portions = 34p per serving


I earn a small commission when products are purchased through the links I post here (at no additional cost to you). 


I started by mincing the garlic.


The dicing the onions.


They got slung into a large pan and once they were soft I added the mince.


Once the mince was mostly brown I added four stock cubes.


Half a jar of paprika, 


A tub of passata


And three tins of chopped tomoatoes.


A quick stir and it smells fantastic!

In order to create that hamburger taste I've added about a quarter of a bottle of ketchup.  I'd recommend adding a little and checking you're happy with the taste, you can always add more if you like.  A quarter of a bottle was a touch too sweet for me but I know that my smalls will prefer it sweeter.


Once the mince is cooked through and well mixed I chopped up a full jar of gherkins and added them.


Before portioning the mixture into freezer tubs.


I reheated the sauce and mixed it with cooked pasta.  Served with a generous topping of cheese this really does taste like a burger.  Little Miss and Little Dude both wolfed down their portions and asked if we can have this again next week.

Linking Up To:


Feel free to pin this Hamburger Pasta Sauce Recipe for later.

Here are some of my other pasta recipes:


#simplycrafting #budgetrecipes #batchcook #healthiereating #mealinspiration #midweekmeals #fiveaday #homemadefoodisthebest #mumscooking #homecooked #hamburgerpasta