Chicken Caesar Salad Recipe - Meal Prep Lunch


Oh wow, I never knew a salad could taste this GOOD!!  It's a total calorie fest but oh so worth it for the incredible flavours.  


Tools and Ingredients:
Lettuce 95p
Stale Bread 25p
Olive Oil 26p
Chicken £2.99
Mayonnaise 30p
Lemon Juice 17p
Dijon Mustard 18p
Anchovies £1.06
Garlic 16p

Total = £6.32

Makes 10 generous portions = 63p per portion



I earn a small commission when products are purchased through the links I post here (at no additional cost to you). 


I'm making my own croutons from old crusts of bread that I've been saving in the freezer.

I've chopped the bread into little squares.


Then popped them in the air fryer with a lug of olive oil.

They took about 15 minuted to get good and fried.


Next I prepared the dressing, starting with dicing the garlic.

Dried garlic would also have done the job.


Next the anchovies chopped up tiny and added to the garlic along with all of their oil.

I'm using an old (clean) jam jar to make up my dressing.  It's got a nice wide next that's easy to pour things into and a secure lid for shaking the dressing later.


Half a jar of Dijon mustard next.


And half a bottle of mayonnaise - the cause of the calorie fest!!


Then half a bottle of lemon juice.


Then it's time to dice and fry the chicken.  I'm using a massive pan here because I'll be needing it later and want to save on the washing up, normally I'd use a smaller pan.


While the cicken is cooking I've chopped the lettuce.


The chicken is nicely cooked through.


Then it's just a matter of mixing the ingredients.

If you're batch cooking I'd advise storing the individual components of the salad separately in sealed tubs in the fridge.  This will help them last longer.


Just look at all that scummy dressing!!


It was utterly divine and definitely my new go to summer pot luck recipe.


Feel free to pin this Chicken Caesar Salad Recipe for later.

Here are some of my other salad recipes:


#simplycrafting #budgetrecipes #batchcook #healthiereating #mealinspiration #midweekmeals #fiveaday #homemadefoodisthebest #mumscooking #homecooked #summersalad #chickencaesarsalad