Seed Planting Schedule

 I'm so excited to get started with my new vegetable garden.  I can't wait to get my kids involved in growing their own food and enjoy fresh salads every day.  I'm not a fan of most vegetables but when they're fresh out of the ground oh my word they are just something else.  Fresh baby carrots, lightly steamed or fresh new potatoes with just a dab of butter and peas fresh form the pod - I can eat those like sweets.  


Instead of keeping the seed packet handy and checking every packet to see what each plant needs when I've made myself a simple schedule.  It's super simple, plant across one axis, month on the other and I colour each square according to what the plant needs that month - sowing in or outdoors, planting out and harvesting.  


With moving house I'm running infuriatingly late this year, I'd normally start planting seriously after valentines day.  But until I have the keys to my new house I can't even begin to prepare the beds.  I've just had to accept that this years harvest is going to be utterly pathetic.  But I am determined to get what I can planted when I can.


I used markers for last year's version but it was too overpowering so I've stuck to pencils this year.  I wish I'd taken the time to give them a good sharpening first!