Batch Cook Creamy Pumpkin Soup Recipe


I love decorating my house with pumpkins for Halloween.  And of course we make pumpkin soup out of the pumpkins - waste not want not and all that.

Now to be fair jack o lantern pumpkins are not by any stretch of the imagination the best pumpkins for flavour.  If you're not going to be using the pumpkin skin for decorating then choose smaller pumpkins or butternut squash for a more flavoursome soup.


Ingredients and Tools:
Pumpkins £3.96
Onions 50p
Garlic 12p
Vegetable Stock 12p
Cream £1.90

Total = £7.55 / 33 portions = 23p per portion

Food purchased from Aldi


I earn a small commission when products are purchased through the links I post here (at no additional cost to you). 


I start by roughly chopping the onions.  This soup will be blended later so there's no need to spend time dicing the onions.


The garlic is diced.


And both are fried until soft - I should have just used my big pan instead of the frying pan as I'll be using the big pan for the rest of the soup.


An ice cream scoop helps to scoop out the pumpkins innards.


Separate the seeds and save them for later,


Dice up the pumpkin flesh.


And boil it along with the onions and garlic.

Add the stock,


Once it's well boiled add the cream.


Blend and portion into freezer tubs.


The kids love this pumpkin soup.  It's too bland for my taste so I like it with some nutmeg sprinkled on top.  You could also add cumin or ginger.  I think next year I'll make this pumpkin soup recipe with added bacon.


Pin this pumpkin soup recipe for later.

Here's some of my other soup recipes to inspire you:

#simplycrafting #homecooking #budgterecipe  #batchcooking #mealprep #healthyeating #healthyeatingideas #healthyeatingforlife #healthyeatingonabudget  #healthycooking #healthyrecipe