Thai Beef Salad Recipe



I had some roast beef and salad leftover from Little Miss' birthday party.


Dressing Ingredients:
Chilli
Garlic
Coriander
Sugar
Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinegar
Lemon Juice

Salad Ingredients:
Beef
Lettice
Tomatoes
Red Onion
Mint Leaves
Spring Onion
Grated Carrot
Peppers

Tools:


Finely dice the chilli, garlic and coriander leaves.


Crush them with the back of a spoon (a pestle and mortar would be easier).


Add the rest of the dressing ingredients.


Prepare the salad and drizzle the dressing over it.

It went down a treat and made a lovely change to a typical boring plain salad.  Hubby was well impressed.


Would I make it again?
Absolutely but I'd switch up a few ingredients that I didn't have to hand. 

I'd use ground coriander in the dressing and leave the leaves in the salad.  I didn't have enough to hand as my poor little coriander plant isn't doing too well.  This dish would have been awesome with loads and loads of coriander leaves.

I would use Worcestershire sauce instead of balsamic vinegar and lime instead of lemon juice.  The salad could have done with some cucumber adding.  I'd add a good glug of soy sauce to the dressing and an extra chilli as it lacked "kick".