Pink and Purple Floral

Ding bat me broke a fall with my hand and tore the tendon in my thumb.  So now my left thumb is wrapped up in a huge bandage and it can take up to three months to heal - grrr!  The most annoying thing is discovering all the things I use my left thumb for, opening a bottle or turning a tap, squeezing the shampoo bottle not to mention the fun I have tying my long hair back!  But hey I'm adapting to a new way of doing things.  But I'm afraid you won't be seeing any hand cut decoupage from me for a while and I'm already sorely missing my knitting.

I wish I could say the poor pooch is faring better but following my vet's advice I've taken the very difficult decision to have her tail amputated.  She looks so sweet and pathetic without it, I keep telling her she's beautiful because I somehow feel she'll be self conscious about it.  But she'll recover from the surgery in a few days and with a little luck that should be the end of it, she should be able to have a decent quality of life for another year or two, which is pretty good going for a ten year old dog.  As soon as the vet said she could have just months I booked her in for the amputation the very next day.  I know I did the right thing but it helps to keep telling myself that.

Enough of my trials and tribulations, the rough times in life are there to make us appreciate the good times and I firmly believe that everyone gets only their fare share of bad luck, if mine's done for the year then I have a great year to look forward to.

Here's my rather rough card for today:


Products Used:
Pearls included with Carousel

I am entering this card into the following challenges: