Visit to Cafe Dolce Southport

 


We've popped into Café Dolce a few times now, usually because the kids need the loo and I'd rather enjoy a coffee than spend time hunting for a free loo.  

I'd rather spend my money in one of the independent cafes than the big names, I know there's a slim chance of getting a bad coffee but I don't believe people set up cafes unless they love coffee and care about at least trying to serve a good quality cuppa.  At least with an independent café you have a better chance of getting something with a little atmosphere and maybe find a little gem like this one.

The café feels really spacious inside which I find is pretty rare.  I like how simple and airy it feels.  And these big comfy sofas are fab, the kids can sit back and relax with a nice low table for their drinks.


The coffee is perfectly nice and always appreciated but the real highlight is these epic milkshakes.  Loaded with cream and ice cream, the kids love them.

They also do real fruit smoothies which are delicious.  

The service is really nice too, the waitresses don't pester, it's quite a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.  I don't feel the need to rush my children, or try to make them sit still or be overly quiet.  Obviously I don't let them run riot, it's a café not a playground, but I don't restrict them from giggling or moving around within a limited area.  

My kids have this thing for asking for two milkshake flavours in one glass and the staff laugh and comply with their request amicably.  

I think another reason we keep coming back here is that the toilets are large and very clean.  I can put my bag down in one corner and we can all go in together so there's no need to leave my children or our bags and coats unattended.  The sink is low enough for them to reach as is the soap.


Here's the link if you want to check them out: