King Cole Aran Little Hoody Jacket in Stylecraft Knitting Yarn


This is one of my all time favourite knitting pattern books, King Cole Aran Book 2.  The designs vary from simple stocking stitch like this one to quite complex aran patterns that require more concentration.  With a young baby to look after I went for a simple pattern this time.


The size range is fantastic, from new born to 7 years - although I was initially disappointed to find that the garments actually start at 6 - 12 months and only the blankets are from new born.  Having said that, with a mother's hindsight I no longer make any clothes for babies under 3 months old as they grow out of it so quickly, it doesn't seem worth the effort.  


Hubster picked out this yarn and I think he made a lovely choice.  This Stylecraft Special with Wool Knitting Yarn Aran is lovley and soft even though it's 80% acrylic.  It was nice and easy to work with although the colour choice of Black Watch made sewing up tough - especially as my day light bulb was packed ready for our impeding house move!!  It looks black overall, very smart and practical for kids but when you look closely there's little flecks of blue and green.


I'm sure Little Miss will love it and Little Pickle after she's outgrown it.  No pictures of her in it yet as it's currently 2 sizes too big - I learned the hard way to always size up so that when (not if, lets face it) life gets in the way I can still finish my project before it's too small.


I paired it with some wooden buttons.


This yarn is currently on offer at Minerva Crafts at just £5.99 a ball - bargain!!  I'm very tempted to grab some of the Oatmeal for my next project as i'm craving one of the more complex patterns . . .