McCalls 8574 Dinosaur Fleece Jumper Sewing Project


Little Miss loves the jumper she has in this fabric so I'm making one for Little Pickle.  This time I'm making it with an envelope style neckline as I find them easier on little babies.

I struggled with these at first.  The key is to clearly mark the placement from the pattern.  Once that's done right the rest comes together really simply.  


For starters I've finished the neckline edges with the overlocker.  The edges are then turned under and pressed.  I've top stitched them in place with a twin needle - at least I should have done, I foolishly didn't bother to change the needle.


The back of the top is laid over the front and pinned in place.


The sleeves next, pinned 


and the edges finished with the overlocker.


I've also overlocked and pressed the ends of the sleeves and bottom as it's easier to do now than later.


Then the sleeve and side seams in one continuous seam.


Finally I've finished the hems with a double needle.

Fleece fabric form my stash.