Burda 9828 Pants in Blue Denim - Sewing Project

Every wardrobe should include a pair of jeans.  Comfy, cute and hardwearing, what's not to love?


I was hoping to get these out of an old pair of my jeans but Little Miss has got too big and I used to be too skinny . . . I foresee some sort of patchwork version in the pipeline.  But for now I'll make them up according to the pattern with some denim fabric I have.

The pattern includes instructions for hems in a contrasting colour which isn't the look I'm going for so I'm skipping those steps.


Side seams first.  


Then the edges of the pockets are finished.  


Tops folded over and sewn in place.


Turned to the right side and raw edges pressed inwards.  


Pocket positioned and sewn in place with contrasting top stitching.  


Inner leg seams.  


Then one pant leg turned right side out to go inside the other, right sides together.  Then the crotch seam.  


Hems.  


Elastic inserted into the top waistband.  


And voila!  

I wonder if I could use a contrasting band of another denim across the middle of each leg.  Perhaps with the pockets in the same fabric.  Just to figure out how to make the seam without it being too bulky.  So far I'm thinking scrappy and distressed.