Chicken and Vegetable Soup Recipe

No recipe for this one, I've just sort of cobbled this together and it's scrummy so I thought I'd best keep a note of what I did.

Here's the ingredients:

  • Celery
  • Leek
  • Swede (my one and only garden contribution for this year)
  • Onions
  • Carrots
  • Parsnips
  • Garlic
  • Pepper
  • Thyme
  • Chicken Stock
  • Chicken Breast 

There's no real method to this.  I just chopped that little lot into bite sized pieces and slung it in the slow cooker for the day.  

Then I put about half of it through the blender.  

Here's the result, served with a fresh baked roll, well half of one because Little Miss has the other half.  


I generally freeze my soups without any added water.  Little Miss finds them easier to eat if they are thicker and they take up less space in the freezer.  I add water "to taste" when I reheat the soup.  I found this one tastes better with quite a bit of added water and loads of pepper.