Trip to the West Lancashire Light Railway

 


We took a trip to the West Lancashire Light Railway for their Summer Gala Day.

It was a lovely little place with unlimited rides on the mini trains.


It was a short journey, just 10 minutes to the end of the line and another 10 minutes back, just right for littles.

The volunteers were fantastic, carefully cleaning each carriage after each and every trip.  Each carriage took about 6 people so basically one family per carriage.

There was a little fun fair on site.  Just one ride and one fairground game but the kiddos were quite happy.


There was also an event tent with several volunteers showing off their model railways.  I expected this to be an area that wouldn't be of much interest to my small children but 3 year old Little Dude was fascinated and kept asking to go back in.  He probably spent over an hour just watching the model trains go round their little tracks.  I suspect that Hornby will be making some money from me over the coming years.  I can't say I mind, I love the idea of helping my little one's build all the scenery and buildings to go with their tracks.  

The standard price for our family of 4 is £12 but I booked the tickets in advance and got a discount so it was just £8.  I think this was excellent value for the three train rides we had.  https://www.tickettailor.com/events/westlancashirelightrailwaytrust/415966/