Pink Flamingos Rozzlyn Peplum Top Max & Meena Pattern Review



I love peplum tops, so cute and feminine whilst still being very practical.  I came across this fabric on sale in Aldi, it was originally sold as a baby blanket.  I snapped up a double sided blanket measuring almost 2 metres square for just £4.

The pattern is the Rozzlyn Dress by Max & Meena.


Here's my pattern pieces all cut out.  


Shoulder seams first.


Then the sleeves.


I press the hems before sewing the seams as it's easier to press the hem evenly when it's flat.


Sleeve and side seams.


Neckband next.  I switch to a straight stitch for this and press it flat to reduce the bulk of the seam.


Lots of pins.


Looking good!


Skirt side seams.


Pinned to bodice.


Another hem.


I stitch my hems with a twin needle as I think it makes my clothes look more professional.

Link Ups: