Kwik Sew 3510 Sewing Project - Pyjamas in Purple

Time for Little Miss to graduate to 'proper' pyjamas.


  Here's the pattern I've picked out in the hopes that it will lend itself well to using up old clothes and scraps from other projects.



I started by gathering my materials; pattern, fabric, scissors, pins, dressmakers tracing paper and a Tracing Wheel.


Iron the fabric - this is a top that I messed up.  


Place the pattern pieces on the fabric and pin in place.  


If I'm not dealing with a straight line a use dressmakers tracing paper and a Tracing Wheel to transfer the cutting lines to my fabric before cutting.  


When possible I fold the pattern over to give myself the correct size as a cutting guide.  


The shoulder seams are stitched first.  


Then the neckband.  A strip of fabric is made into a tube by sewing the two ends together.  It's pressed then turned right side out.


The neckband is stretched and pinned to the neckline before being sewn in place and pressed well.  


Next the sleeves are set in,


Then the sleeve and side seams.  


The cuffs are applied in the same way as the neckband.  


A simple hem at the bottom.  



Now for the pants, front and back seams first.


Then the legs in one continuous seam.


A loop of elastic for the waist.  


The top of the pants is tuned over and pressed.  


Then sewn in place trapping the elastic inside the casing.  


The leg cuffs are made in the same way as the neck band.  


Inserted inside the leg,   


Pinned and sewn.

 And here they are in action.


 A lovely, simple sew for comfy pyjamas.

I really like the interest that the contrasting fabric adds to a really simple piece.  I'm actually liking this as a TShirt as well as PJs.

Products Used:

Link Ups:
Creatalicious Challenge #113 Anything Goes
As You Like It Challenge - Favourite Colour

I tend to graduate towards deep jewel colours, purple being my favourite.  It's feminine without being girly, dark without being depressing and bright without being overpowering.

I swear I bought this purple striped fabric because it was an awesome bargain roll end, how can I be held responsible if the awesome bargains just tend to be purple?