Indian Butter Chicken Recipe

This was absolutely scrummy.  A little more pre work than some of the other curry dishes I do but oh so worth it!!

  • Chicken
  • Onions
  • Peppers
  • Garlic
  • Chillies
  • Tomato Puree
  • Passata
  • Yoghurt
  • Cream
  • Cornflour
  • Lemon Juice
  • Pepper
  • Cumin - I'm substituting Gram Masala
  • Cayenne Pepper
  • Ground Ginger
  • Ground Cinnamon
  • Butter
  • Paprika


The dish is made in three parts, the marinade, veggies and sauce.  

For the marinade chop the chicken add the spices, lemon juice and yoghurt.  Pop it in a tub and leave it overnight in the fridge.  

Chop the veggies up nice and small.  I've done this at the same time as prepping the chicken so it's ready to sling in the slow cooker first thing in the morning, leaving me free to get on with the rest of my day.

The sauce is made from the cream, paprika, cumin and tomatoes,    


In the morning the chicken goes in the slow cooker followed by the veggies then the sauce.

Cooked on low for the day and here's the result.  


I can see this becoming one of our favourites.  Although I'll be skipping the cream and the passata next time.  It didn't really add anything to the recipe, except for an excess of sauce.  It pulled focus from the deliciously marinated chicken.