Salmon Potato Bake

Salmon and new potatoes for dinner tonight.  The spuds need eating and I'm fancying the salmon that I noticed hiding at the back of the freezer.

But every recipe I can find includes cream or creme fresh, neither of which I have.  I'm sure I can knock up a tasty creamy sauce without a trip to the shops so here goes . . .



Slice and boil them spuds.  My potato bakes are usually burnt on top and clap cold underneath so ill give par boiling a try today.

Chop the onion.  I've also got a head start on chopping the rest of the veggies aka whatever was in the fridge.

Fry the onion in oil.




Chop the veggies and sling them in with the onion.



Chop the salmon into cubes.  I used frozen salmon straight from the freezer so i had to defrost it in the microwave for a couple of minutes first.  Turn off the heat and add the salmon to the veggies.  Add a big old dollop of wholegrain mustard. 



Sprinkle with cornflour and give it a good mix.

Chuck it in a roasting dish.  Please excuse my old roasting dish, he's looking forward to retirement.
Drain the spuds and sling them on top.

Pour some milk over the whole thing - just enough to make a puddle under the veggies.  I guess I'm going shopping anyway - that was last of the milk.

Grate some cheese over the top. 



I'll stuff that in the fridge until it's wanted.  I'm thinking about 20 - 30 minutes at 180C.  

It actually took 45 minutes and the spuds could have done with more boiling.   But hubster's happy, after he added extra cheese.  Mini munch seems to agree.