Scary Spider Wreath

This is an idea I came up with while trying to get to sleep one night.  I've a bit of a thing for wreaths at the moment and I had a do at a Halloween coloured one but I wanted to do something a little scarier!  So I came up the idea of using the same technique I've use to make dream catchers to make a spider web.  I wrapped some old black yarn around a large embroidery hoop until it was covered. Then I wrapped more yarn across the middle to make a wheel design.  Then I knotted yet more black yarn around each "spoke" of the "wheel".  It looked like a spider web sure enough but it was a little plain and boring so I dug out my old pom-pom making kit and made two pom-poms, one big and one small.  I got some old wire and bent it into leg type shapes then glued the large pom-pom onto the middle with the small pom-pom at the front.  He did have little gems for eyes but could I get them to stick on!  Googley eyes would have been cool but I didn't have any to hand.   


Ingredients:
Embroidery Hoop 10 Inch (25cm)Martha Stewart Wool Alpaca DarjeelingWire - 24 Gauge Silver - 40' Spool