Butterfly Flurry

This is a world away from my normal style.

It was one of those cards that I just couldn't get to work.  I started with a Butterfly theme to suit a couple of challenges, picked out a sketch and . . . couldn't find any materials that suited them.  Believe it or not I do not own a single butterfly stamp, I have a few digi butterflies but non that deserve to be a card's focus.  I thought about doing an image of a girlie with a butterfly in the corner but that's not really the point of a butterfly themed challenge.

I racked my brains, hunted through my stash and shop, started with ideas then abandoned them.  I think part of the problem was that I'm very low of pastel papers at the moment having used them up through the summer to make way for the Christmas and winter designs.

It wasn't until I remembered I had an old painted wooden butterfly buried and forgotten in my stash.  Whilst hunting for it I passed by some Anita's Dimensions sheets and a light bulb appeared over my head!  I grabbed my pack of K&Co Handmade papers with brightly coloured butterflies and my card came together in record time.

This is why I love challenges, they force you to be creative, to use what you've got and think outside of the box often resulting in a complete deviation from the norm.  And after all variety is the spice of life!


Products Used:


I am entering this card into the following challenges:

And here's the fabby sketch I used: