Handmade Gift Boxes


I am determined to keep on top of everyone's birthday's and other such occasions this year!  So with this in mind I'm working on getting ahead of myself a bit.

This is a little gift box for an upcoming anniversary which I will fill with chocolates nearer the time.

The box is really simple to make.  It's just a 12x12 sheet of card stock, I've used Bazzil Basics Black Tie which has a slight sheen to it.  I've used a scoreboard to score lines about 4 inches in from each of the four edges making a square in the centre.  I've then scored diagonally from each corner of the square to each outer corner of the card stock.  All the score lines have been creased with a bone folder.  The four corners of the card stock are pushed into the middle of the box and secured with plenty of double sided tape.

For the lid I've used a second sheet of 12x12 Bazzil Basics Black Tie card stock.  I usually use a complementary colour but on this occasion I chose to stick to the black.  I've measured the base of the box and added a quarter inch plus twice the width of the first grove on my scoreboard.  I've cut the card stock to a square this size then scored along each edge using the first grove on the scoreboard.  The lid is assembled in the same way as the box and should fit neatly onto it.

This box is decorated with papers and tea bag folds from the Oriental Treasure range with additional brads and ribbon leftover from other projects.  I wanted to avoid it being too girlie as this is for an Anniversary present, the Oriental Treasure range was just the thing!