Floral Challenge Card

When my crafty mojo packs it's bags and takes a holiday I take a look at the challenges on the Do Crafts forum.  It's a great idea to let someone else challenge you to make something according to their specifications because it forces you to think outside the box, use materials in ways you wouldn't normally or to have a go at techniques and styles you haven't tried before.  After all that's how we learn new things and more to the point learn to love them!


My cards have been quite cluttered lately and while I'm loving the style it was starting to get a bit samey.  This simple design with only two colours, one flower and three gems is a world away but I really enjoyed the change.


The flower is one of the divine Anita's Glitterations stuck onto some scrap vellum and cut out then layered with a brad to make it 3D.


The ribbon is the fabulous Sheer budget ribbon.  It's such good value I've treated myself to a whole batch so you'll be seeing them on plenty of cards in the future.


I was thinking that this would make a perfect wedding invitation as it would be quite quick to reproduce and the finish is all the high quality stardream card rather than time consuming embellishments.