Vegetable Fritters Recipe

Little Miss is adverse to eating veggies.  I don't get it, how does she even know which things are veggies and which aren't??  

I'm sure she'll grow out of it in time so I mostly just ignore it.  But I can't help putting some thought into finding ways of preparing veggies so that she will eat them.  

Soups have worked very well over the winter but I'm not a fan during summer and I'm craving a change.  Hubster also finds them awkward to take to work with him.  


So we're having a go at vegetable fritters / burgers / patties whatever you want to call them.  I quick and easy veg packed snack or sandwich filler.  


Chop the onions.  


Fry them in oil.


Finely chop or grate the rest of the veg and add them to the pan.

Add the spices.  


And flour to thicken.


Plus a load of grated cheese.  


Then a couple of whisked eggs.  


This makes a chunky paste which I've spooned into a burger press.


Press the top down.


And voila!


I've popped some in the freezer with greaseproof paper between each patty.  


A couple have been pre-cooked in the airfryer.  After a few experiments I found 7 minutes each side was perfect.  

I also found it was essential to put a sheet of paper under the patty to stop it sticking to the airfryer. 


I made then into a sandwich for Little Miss' lunch.  


After a tentative start they went down a treat.