Scrapbooking Christmas Cards

OK, confession time.  I'm a closet hoarder.  Every card or little token anyone has sent me in the past 10 years has been carefully saved along with pressed flowers, tickets, postcards etc.  I even have the flower picked for me by a lovely fellah when I was just a teenager.


Of course I'm a scrapbooker, how else could I give in to my OCD like obsession with everything being neat and tidy.  I love looking back over old scrapbooks and reviving old memories.


I'm a bit behind on my 'scrapping lately so have been making an effort to catch up.  This is one of my recent efforts which I was delighted with.


It's a very simple layout, for a very simple card.  I've used the new Coredinations Glitter card stock to great effect.  It really complements the glitter on this old Christmas card from (erm cough) 2008.


The main thing I wanted to point out is something I've been doing a lot of lately.  The gorgeous glitter card stock can sometimes be too overpowering.  And on a big layout with lots of space like this, a single colour background can verge on boring.  I've layered a sheet of glitter vellum paper over the background.  In this case it has added interest and texture without detracting from the wonderfully simple layout that I've chosen to let this lovely card shine.


I've been doing this with a lot of cards lately as I find it mutes a background whilst adding subtle interest and texture, leaving the main topper or stamping as the focal point of the card.